We have now completed the 22 year follow-up of the Raine Study Cohort
Thank you to all the Raine Study participants who came in to the University of Western Australia Centre for Sleep science and completed the overnight sleep study, respiratory function and asthma test, the questionnaires and provided a blood samples. Altogether over 1200 Raine Study participants were involved and nearly 1000 participants did an overnight sleep study.
Raine Study Parent Sleep Study, 2015 – 2016
The parents Raine Study participants are invited to come to the Centre for Sleep Science at UWA to do an overnight sleep study. Disturbed sleep patterns are very common in the Australia, and the general belief is that disturbed sleep is caused by some specific sleep disorders, and majority of these are undiagnosed and people are generally unaware that they may have a sleeping disorder.
There are two main reason for doing this research study on sleeping patterns:
- To determine the prevalence of common sleep disorders, e.g. obstructive sleep apnoea, insomnia and restless legs syndrome in a typical middle-aged Australian population-based cohort
- To compare parent and offspring information to determine the associations between parental and child sleep disorders.
Raine Study Cohort follow-up age 27, 2016 – 2018
The Raine Study has started the follow-up of the Cohort participants at age 27. Participants are invited to the Raine Study office at the University of Western Australia to undergo the follow-up assessment. This follow-up is concentrating on cardiovascular health and internal fat and involves having an MRI scan. The MRI scan measures ectopic fat (fat around your internal organs). Very little is known about ectopic fat, what causes it and the effect it has on health.
Participants will be contacted and invited to a follow-up assessment at the Raine Study offices, at UWA and also to have an MRI scan. Testing includes:
- Measurement of height, weight.
- Measurement of blood pressure.
- Measure of the whole body blood pressure
- Providing a fasting blood sample.
- Eye testing
If your contact details have changed, please let us know.